March 14, 2017
“For 33 years I put drugs and alcohol into my body. At the time, I thought I was really living the life. For the last 14 years I've been clean and free from that destructive lifestyle. God has blessed me through my life and spared me from death and a lifestyle that wanted to kill me. Today, I started my birthday at 7am with my class doing a lower body workout. I feel good today loving life. I have a wife who loves and supports me and 3 amazing adult children who are making me proud of them every day. I have a beautiful church where I am the pastor. Wow! Who would have thought? I am forever grateful to God and all the people in my life that didn't give up on me and that still support and encourage me. Thank you.”
Rev. Gary Bernard Williams, Pastor
To God be the glory for the things He has done!"
I'm a passionate follower of Jesus. I love doing ministries of justice. South LA is my parish.
· Lead Pastor at Saint Mark United Methodist Church at The United Methodist Church
· Elder in Full Connection at California-Pacific Annual Conference of The United Methodist
· Studied Master's of Divinity at Claremont School of Theology
· Studied Completed the Certificate Program for Chemical Dependency Counseling at Los Angeles
· Studied Pan African Studies at California State University, Los Angeles
· Studied AA in Liberal Arts at Los Angeles City College
· Went to Manual Arts High School
· Lives in Los Angeles, California
· From Los Angeles, California.
Pastor Gary Williams and a contingent of youth talking to neighbors asking for a YES on Propositions 55, 56, 57, 62, JJJ , HHH, Measure M and a NO on 66, in and around their congregation of Saint Marks United Methodist Church in the heart of So LA!.
Pastor Gary Bernard Williams rallying for peace in Homicide Alley. The level of Black on Black murders in this area has to end.
At the welcoming ceremony for the bishop and district superintendent, Rev. Gary Bernard Williams and Dr. James Lawson, Pastor Emeritus of Holman UMC and architect of the civil rights non-violent concept which Dr. Martin Luther King adopted for the movement. History in the center, literally.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Saint Mark UMC | 8305 S. Gramercy Place Los Angeles CA 90047
Phone: 323-753-3535 Fax: 323.753.3711
Pastor Gary: 323 359-0259 (Mobile)